Lazy Cabbage Roll Stew
Growing up in Massachusetts near a large Polish community, I had the pleasure of getting to know cabbage rolls or galumpkis. This stew is a lazy version with the same flavor.
- November 29, 2020
- 1 hr
- Print this
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 C riced cauliflower
- 1/2 head cooked cabbage
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 C diced onion
- 1 T tomato paste
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 15 oz. can Whole30-compatible diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can Whole30-compatible tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1
- Heat a large saute pan or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Step 2
- Add the olive oil.
- Step 3
- Add the onion and cook until just translucent.
- Step 4
- Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Step 5
- Add the garlic and tomato paste. Stir to combine, about 60 seconds.
- Step 6
- Add the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Step 7
- Add the riced cauliflower and cabbage. Stir to combine.
- Step 8
- Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes to allow flavors to combine and cauliflower to soften.
- Step 9
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Step 10
Some of the links found on The Whole Pickle are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive a small commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. I only recommend products or services I believe in. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support The Whole Pickle, and I genuinely appreciate your support.