I’m Cyndy and that Oscar Wilde quote hangs in my office to remind me: Be Cyndy. But, who is that? Well, I am a work in progress and, as a good friend often says, likely will be until I am room temperature. Still, if you are wondering why in the heck you should spend any time on this blog or work with me, you likely want to know more. So, here are the highlights (in no particular order):
- I believe that LOVE WINS.
- My theme song is Try Everything by Shakira.
- The ocean is hands down, my favorite place to be.
- I love coffee, have a small tattoo habit, and a movement habit.
- Learning is one of my favorite things to do – in and out of school.
- I grew up in Massachusetts but have called Texas home since 2005.
- I love to cook and develop recipes. I do my best to eat real food because real food helped to heal me. This is why I am a Certified Whole30 Coach.
- I have been sober since October 2010 and it has led to me recovering so much more than my sobriety.
- I am a nurse, an educator, a writer, and a wannabe stand up comic.
- I am a wife and a mom (3 humans and 2 puppies).
- I am staunchly Independent in my political views, which serves to raise the ire of my friends all along the political spectrum. (I also hate labeling people as liberal, conservatives, left, right, or anything else.)
- I am a Christian, United Methodist to be exact, and that helps ground me, but I think we Christians could do a better job than we have.
- I am a survivor and a warrior.
I hope that you enjoy what you find here at The Whole Pickle.